Leadership is everyone’s business. It is not a place or position. It is not a rank or title. More importantly, it is not available only to an elite few.
This is one of the core beliefs of The Leadership Challenge® leadership development programmes created by bestselling authors James Kouzes and Barry Posner. These programmes are backed by more than 30 years of original research and data from over three million leaders.
They approach leadership as a measurable, learnable and teachable set of behaviours that can become part of the everyday practice of getting extraordinary things done.
- 2-Day Workshop
- 360 degree inventory tool that facilitates personal reflections and development
- Evidence-based model for easy reference and coaching
- Participants will discover personal blinds spots for personal growth and development as a leader
The Student Leadership Practices Inventory (SLPI) and Leadership Practices Inventory (LPI) are 360° leadership development tools that are part of The Leadership Challenge® suite of programmes. They are catered specifically to help people measure their leadership behaviours and take action to improve their effectiveness as a leader or student leader.
The SLPI/LPI is a questionnaire that contains 30 behavioural statements – six for each of The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership® – and takes 10 to 20 minutes to complete. Individuals complete the LPI Self, rating themselves on the frequency with which they believe they engage in each of the 30 behaviours. Five to ten other people (peers, managers and/or direct reports) – typically selected by the leaders – complete the LPI Observer, indicating the frequency with which they think the person engages in each behavior.
For SLPI, it includes the SLPI Self Assessment (completed by the student) and Observer Assessment (completed by peers, teachers and/or parents of the student).
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses
- Set the example for others by aligning your actions with shared values
- Build collaboration, teamwork and trust
- Apply the lessons learned in the workshops to practical real life challenges
To find out more or to sign up for our programmes, email Kenneth at firstname.lastname@example.org